Academic Nursing Practice: Helping to Shape the Future of Healthcareby Lois K. Evans
Pub. Date: 02/25/2004
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Academic Nursing Practice can be a living laboratory that integrates the education, practice, and research mission of a school of nursing. Where better to demonstrate the efficacy of new practice models and interventions, identify questions for further study, teach students, and keep faculty skills fresh/i>/b>/i>
Winner of an AJN Book of the Year Award!
Academic Nursing Practice can be a living laboratory that integrates the education, practice, and research mission of a school of nursing. Where better to demonstrate the efficacy of new practice models and interventions, identify questions for further study, teach students, and keep faculty skills fresh?
This book describes how to develop and implement these nurse-managed practices, based on the extensive experience of the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, along with case examples from other programs. Practical strategies described include securing university support, outside funding, and academic-community partnerships.
Academic Nursing Practice offers an opportunity for nursing to exert leadership on the pressing issues facing today's health care system --access, quality, and cost. This book is an excellent resource to begin planning for one.
Table of Contents
- A Vision and a Plan for Academic Nursing Practice, Lang and Evans
- Academic Nursing Practice: Looking Back, Lynaugh
- Academic Nursing Practice Models and Related Strategic Issues, Sebastian et al
- Strategic Planning for Academic Nursing Practice: The Consultants’ View, Orlov et al
- Making Academic Nursing Practice Work in Universities: Structure, Function, and Synergy, Evans, McCauseland, and Lang
- Strategies for Securing Business Expertise, Financial Support, and Visibility, Lang et al
- Infrastructure to Support Academic Nursing Practice, Swan
- Clinical Information Systems in Support of Academic Practice, Research, and Education, McGinley et al
- Integrating Research and Practice, Evans, Lang, and Medoff-Cooper
- Establishing an Evidence Base in Academic Practice: The Role of the Clinician-Educator Faculty, Barnsteiner et al
- Community-Academic Partnerships, Controneo et al
- Building Alliances: A Survival Strategy, Evans et al
- Building A Critical Mass: The Penn Macy Initiative, Lang et al
Part I: The Mission of Academic Nursing Practice: Melding Research, Education, and Clinical Care
Part II: Resources and Strategies for Implementing Academic Practice
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This is so informatve