ACLS Study Guide - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card) / Edition 4by Barbara J Aehlert
Pub. Date: 12/22/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Written in a conversational style, the 3rd edition of the ACLS Study Guide features unique, user-friendly, and easy to remember treatment algorithms - totally revised to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines. Full-color throughout, it offers a complete, concise overview of advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Written in a conversational style, the 3rd edition of the ACLS Study Guide features unique, user-friendly, and easy to remember treatment algorithms - totally revised to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines. Full-color throughout, it offers a complete, concise overview of advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS), acute coronary syndromes, and acute stroke. It also features easy-to-access information with Stop and Review quizzes in each chapter and a comprehensive pretest and posttest. New to this edition are a handy ACLS quick-reference fold-out card, a heart rate ruler, and more! In addition to being an outstanding study tool, the ACLS Study Guide, 3rd Edition is the official text for the American Safety and Health Institute ACLS certification course. For more information on ASHI courses, call 800-246-5101 or visit www.ashinstitute.com.
• A pretest and posttest, each containing 50 questions with answers and rationales, provide readers with opportunities to check comprehension prior to and after study.
• Chapter Objectives allow readers to preview the main points in each chapter.
• Quick Review boxes throughout the chapters and Stop and Review sections at the end of the chapters test reader comprehension of the material.
• Chapters 1-8 comprise a Preparatory section to provide the foundation for the case presentations in the second section. Ten case studies present real-life clinical situations enabling the reader to make decisions based on information in the Preparatory section.
• Consistent organization of case studies include Objective, Skills to Master, Rhythms to Master, Medications to Master, Related Text Chapters, Questions, Answers, Essential Actions, and Unacceptable Actions to aide in the study and mastery of material.
• Unique treatment algorithms - totally revised to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines - simplify the new treatment guidelines, making them easier to use and remember.
• Chapter on Stroke has now been expanded to include Special Resuscitation Situations.
• ACLS Pearl boxes contain key points and useful tips for clinical practice.
• Keeping it Simple boxes contain essential information in a clear and concise manner.
• A heart rate ruler is included to help determine heart rate while practicing ECG recognition.
• A 4 x 6 pocket-size quick-reference card with key ACLS algorithms is included for field-use.
• Vascular Access and Medications combined into one chapter to present venous circulation information with all relevant common medications used during a cardiac-related emergency.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.10(d)
Table of ContentsPretest
Part 1: Preparatory
Chapter 1 – The ABCDs of Emergency Cardiac Care
Chapter 2 – Airway Management: Oxygenation and Ventilation
Chapter 3 – Rhythm Recognition
Section 1: Anatomy Review and Basic Electrophysiology
Section 2: Tachydysrhythmias: Too Fast Rhythms
Section 3: Bradydysrhythmias: Too Slow Rhythms
Section 4: Cardiac Arrest: Absent/Pulseless Rhythms
Section 5: Premature Beats and Pacemaker Rhythms
Chapter 4 – Electrical Therapy
Chapter 5 – Vascular Access and Medications
Chapter 6 – Acute Coronary Syndromes
Chapter 7 – Stroke and Special Resuscitation Situations
Chapter 8 – Putting It All Together
Part 2: Case Studies
Case 1: Respiratory Arrest
Case 2: Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia/Ventricular Fibrillation with an Automated External Defibrillator
Case 3: Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia/Ventricular Fibrillation
Case 4: Asystole
Case 5: Pulseless Electrical Activity
Case 6: Acute Coronary Syndromes
Case 7: Symptomatic Bradycardia
Case 8: Unstable Tachycardia
Case 9: Stable Tachycardia
Case 10: Acute Ischemic Stroke
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >