William Stanek is a Microsoft MVP with 20+ years of experience in systems management and advanced programming. He is an award-winning author who's written more than 100 books, including Exchange Server 2013 Pocket Consultant, Windows 8.1 Administration Pocket Consultant, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Inside Out.
Active Directory Administration: The Personal Trainer for Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2by William Stanek
Learning Active Directory administration doesn't have to be a frustrating experience, you can learn everything you need to manage Active Directory effectively by reading this book. To learn how to manage Active Directory, you need practical hands-on advice
Buy this book for yourself, a friend, a relative, and anyone else who needs help mastering Active Directory.
Learning Active Directory administration doesn't have to be a frustrating experience, you can learn everything you need to manage Active Directory effectively by reading this book. To learn how to manage Active Directory, you need practical hands-on advice from an expert who understands what it is like to just start out. By working step by step through essential tasks, you can learn to:
- Install forests, domain trees, and child domains
- Add and remove writable domain controllers and deploy read-only controllers
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot global catalog servers
- Maintain directory and data integrity using operations masters
- Evaluate sites, subnets, and replication before expanding a network
- Establish a trust relationship between domains and between forests
- Maintain and recover Active Directory Domain Services
- Employ essential tools and command-line utilities
This book is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to manage Active Directory, including those who manage or support computers running Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Inside, you'll find comprehensive overviews, step-by-step procedures, frequently used tasks, documented examples, and much more. One of the goals is to keep the content so concise that the book remains compact and easy to navigate while at the same time ensuring that the book is packed with as much information as possible--making it a valuable resource.
- Stanek & Associates
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.89(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >