Active Learning in the Mathematics Classroom, Grades 5-8 / Edition 2by Hope Martin
Thisrevised edition of Multiple Intelligences in the Mathematics Classroomprovides ready-to-use lessons aligned with NCTM content standards to help students gain meaningful understandings of key mathematical concepts.See more details below
Thisrevised edition of Multiple Intelligences in the Mathematics Classroomprovides ready-to-use lessons aligned with NCTM content standards to help students gain meaningful understandings of key mathematical concepts.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Preface Acknowledgments About the Author NCTM Standards Table
1. Investigations: Estimation, Large Numbers, and Numeration Introduction
$1,000,000 Long How Many Strides to Walk Around the Earth?
Rectangles and Factors Venn Diagrams: LCM and GCF Dessert for a Crowd
5 x 5 Puzzle Cents Chocolate Chip Cookies Music and Fractions Mathematical Palindromes
2. Active Algebra Introduction Patterns, Patterns, Patterns Algebra Jokes The M & M Mystery Algebra Match Inequality Number Line Match Mind Reading or Algebra?
3. Geometry: Our Mathematical Window to the World Introduction Folding a Tangram Making a Tangram Quilt Pentominoes Open-Top Boxes Explorations With Cereal Boxes The Painted Cube Cubes That Grow
4. The Measure of Mathematics Introduction Just How Big Is the Statue of Liberty?
Gummi Worms What Happened 1,000,000 Seconds Ago?
How Long Would It Take to Walk to China? —Through the Center of the Earth Shoe Length vs. Height Eggs Ceterea
5. Data Collection and Probability Introduction Super Survey What Is Your Favorite Subject?
Stars of the NBA Dice and Probability Is This Game Fair?
Dinosaurs and Probability Interactive Web Sites to Make Math/Technology Connections Bibliography
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >