Active Vocabulary-Text Only / Edition 2by Amy E. Olsen
Active Vocabulary is a vocabulary worktext that is visually appealing to readers, uses words in context, and provides a variety of activities including self-tests, writing assignments, collaborative projects, and games. Includes a number of exercises to stimulate different learning styles as well as to encourage cross-referencing of the words through/u>/b>/i>… See more details below
Active Vocabulary is a vocabulary worktext that is visually appealing to readers, uses words in context, and provides a variety of activities including self-tests, writing assignments, collaborative projects, and games. Includes a number of exercises to stimulate different learning styles as well as to encourage cross-referencing of the words through different contexts. Self tests and games in each chapter round out the exposure for each vocabulary word. Four chapters on word parts are included, as well as three review chapters. Those interested in improving basic vocabulary.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.30(d)
Table of Contents
I. GENERAL WORDS.
1. College Life: Study Skills Syllabus.
2. Friends: What Makes a Friend?
3. Transportation: Quest Tours.
4. Exercise: Health in the Yellow Pages.
5. Personality Traits: Harry's Transformation.
6. Word Parts I.
7. Science Fiction: Silence in the Stars.
8. Westerns: The Stranger in Town.
9. Romance: A Knock on the Door.
10. Mystery: The Gold Cuff Link.
11. Adventure: Escape at the Cinema.
12. Review: Focus on Chapters 1-11.
II. ACADEMIC WORDS.
13. Administration of Justice: Prominent Couple Indicted.
14. Environmental Science: Galapagos Journal.
15. Word Parts II.
16. Computer Science: Distance Education Course.
17. History: Feudalism in Medieval Europe.
18. Art History: A Visit to Florence.
19. Word Parts III.
20. Political Science: Banana Republic Politics.
21. Music: Two Concert Reviews.
22. Review: Focus on Chapters 13-21.
23. Philosophy: Taoism, “The Way.”
24. Zoology: Chimpanzees.
25. Early Childhood Education: Pre-School Open House.
26. Word Parts IV.
27. Allied Health: Holistic Health Care.
28. English: Fun With Words.
29. Psychology: The Experiment.
30. Business:It's In The Cards.
31. Drama: The Play's the Thing.
32. Review: Focus on Chapters 23-31.
Limited Answer Key.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >