ActiveBook, Excellence in Business Communication / Edition 1by John V. Thill, Courtland L. Bovee
Pub. Date: 07/18/2002
This book offers users the tools they need to succeed in today's workplace by developing their essential communication skills. Three easy-to-follow steps (planning, writing, and completing business messages) offer learners a practical strategy for writing and delivering business messages. Abundant sample documents demonstrate how to apply the principles being… See more details below
This book offers users the tools they need to succeed in today's workplace by developing their essential communication skills. Three easy-to-follow steps (planning, writing, and completing business messages) offer learners a practical strategy for writing and delivering business messages. Abundant sample documents demonstrate how to apply the principles being discussed. This is the only book that offers business communication experience in every chapter through real-world "on-the-job" simulations featuring actual companies and real-world business documents. These simulations provide a unique opportunity to apply concepts to real events and to sharpen business communication problem-solving skills. A five-part organization covers the foundations of business communication; the three-step writing process; letters, memos, e-mail, and other brief messages; reports and oral presentations; and employment messages. For business professionalsat any levelseeking to improve their oral and written communication skills.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of ContentsI. FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION.
1. Understanding Business Communication.
2. Communicating in Teams: Collaboration, Listening, Nonverbal, and Meeting Skills.
3. Communicating Interculturally.
II. THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS.
4. Planning Business Messages.
5. Writing Business Messages.
6. Completing Business Messages.
III. LETTERS, MEMOS, E-MAIL, AND OTHER BRIEF MESSAGES.
7. Writing Routine, Good-News, and Goodwill Messages.
8. Writing Bad-News Messages.
9. Writing Persuasive Messages.
IV. REPORTS AND ORAL PRESENTATIONS.
10. Planning Business Reports and Proposals.
11. Writing Business Reports and Proposals.
12. Completing Formal Business Reports and Proposals.
13. Giving Speeches and Oral Presentations.
V. EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES.
14. Writing Resumes and Application Letters.
15. Interviewing for Employment and Following Up.
Appendix A: Format and Layout of Business Documents.
Appendix B: Documentation of Report Sources.
Appendix C: Fundamentals of Grammar and Usage.
Appendix D: Correction Symbols.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >