- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book defines the relationship between the thought of Adam Smith and that of the ancients—Plato, Aristotle, Cicero, and the Stoics. Vivenza offers a complete survey of Smith's writings to illustrate how classical arguments shaped opinions and scholarship in the eighteenth century.
1. The Natural Philosophy in Smith's Essays
2. The Classical Heritage in Adam Smith's Ethics
3. The Lectures on Jurisprudence and Roman Law
4. The Division of Labour and the Theory of Value
5. Adam Smith and Ancient Literature
Posted July 6, 2014