Suitable for advanced undergraduates and graduate students, this overview introduces theoretical and practical aspects of adaptive control. It presents an excellent perspective on techniques and an active knowledge of key approaches, offering a well-developed sense of when to use adaptive techniques and when other methods are more appropriate. 1995 edition.
1. What is Adaptive Control?
2. Real-Time Parameter Estimation
3. Deterministic Self-Tuning Regulators
4. Stochastic and Predictive Self-Tuning Regulators
5. Model-Reference Adaptive Systems
6. Properties of Adaptive Systems
7. Stochastic Adaptive Control
9. Gain Scheduling
10. Robust and Self-Oscillating Systems
11. Practical Issues and Implementation
12. Commercial Products and Applications
13. Perspectives on Adaptive Control