Adhesives Technology Handbook / Edition 2by Arthur H. Landrock
Pub. Date: 07/28/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Covering a wide range of industrial applications across sectors including medical applications, automotive/aerospace, packaging, electronics, and consumer goods, this book provides a complete guide to the selection of adhesives, methods of use, industrial applications, and the fundamentals of adhesion. Dr Ebnesajjad examines the selection of adhesives and adhesion… See more details below
Covering a wide range of industrial applications across sectors including medical applications, automotive/aerospace, packaging, electronics, and consumer goods, this book provides a complete guide to the selection of adhesives, methods of use, industrial applications, and the fundamentals of adhesion. Dr Ebnesajjad examines the selection of adhesives and adhesion methods and challenges for all major groups of substrate including plastics (thermosets and thermoplastics), elastomers, metals, ceramics and composite materials. His practical guidance covers joint design and durability, application methods, test methods and troubleshooting techniques. The science and technology of adhesion, and the principles of adhesive bonding are explained in a way that enhances the reader's understanding of the fundamentals that underpin the successful use and design of adhesives.
The third edition has been updated throughout to include recent developments in the industry, with new sections covering technological advances such as nanotechnology, micro adhesion systems, and the replacement of toxic chromate technology.
• Provides practitioners of adhesion technology with a complete guide to bonding materials successfully.
• Covers the whole range of commonly used substrates including plastics, metals, elastomers and ceramics, explaining basic principles and describing common materials and application techniques.
• Introduces the range of commercially available adhesives and the selection process alongside the science and technology of adhesion.
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Adhesion Theories 2. Surface Tension and Its Measurement 3. Material Surface Preparation Techniques 4. Classification of Adhesives and Compounds 5. Characteristics of Adhesive Materials 6. Adhesives for Special Adherends 7. Joint Design 8. Adhesive Applications and Bonding Processes 9. Solvent Cementing of Plastics 10. Adhesives for Medical and Dental Applications 11. Durability of Adhesive Bonds 12. Testing of Adhesive Bonds 13. Quality Control 14. Safety, Environmental, and Economic Aspects, and Future Trends Glossary Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >