Admission Assessment Exam Review / Edition 3by HESI
With content review and over 450 sample test questions, this study guide helps you prepare for the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam. It includes detailed coverage of each of the subject areas on the exam: math, English, and basic sciences. Topics are simplified with step-by-step explanations, vocabulary, and practice problems with… See more details below
With content review and over 450 sample test questions, this study guide helps you prepare for the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam. It includes detailed coverage of each of the subject areas on the exam: math, English, and basic sciences. Topics are simplified with step-by-step explanations, vocabulary, and practice problems with rationales.
- HESI Hints highlight important concepts and test-taking suggestions.
- Review questions help you assess your understanding.
- Chapter introductions emphasize the most important content.
- Representative exam questions familiarize you with the subject areas and testing format.
- Coverage includes material tested on each of the exam’s three versions - RN, PN, and health professions.
- A new introduction explains the Admission Assessment Exam, with information about each of the subject areas tested.
- A Physics chapter provides preparation for a subject area that may be offered on your Admission Assessment Exam.
- An expanded math chapter includes a new discussion of military time, word problems, and more practice questions.
- Practice Tests on Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and Grammar, Science, and Physics provide over 240 additional questions for exam preparation.
- An index provides a reference to all topics.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.48(w) x 10.68(h) x 0.36(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction NEW!
Basic Addition and Subtraction
Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
Multiplication of Decimals
Division of Decimals
Basic Fraction Vocabulary and Explanations
Addition of Fractions
Subtraction of Fractions
Multiplication of Fractions
Division of Fractions
Changing Fractions to Decimals
Changing Decimals to Fractions
Ratio and Proportion
Regular Time versus Military Time
Identifying the Main Idea
Identifying the Supporting Details
Finding the Meaning of Words in Context
Identifying a Writer’s Purpose and Tone
Distinguishing Between Fact and Opinion
Making Logical Inferences
Parts of Speech
Important Terms to Understand
Common Grammatical Mistakes
Suggestions for Success
Troublesome Word Pairs
Chemical Equations and Reactions
Reaction Rates and Equilibrium
Oxidation and Reduction
Acids and Bases
7. Anatomy & Physiology
Mitosis and Meiosis
Membranes, Glands and Cartilage
8. Physics NEW!
Newton’s Laws of Motion
Uniform Circular Motion
Work, Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy
Linear Momentum and Impulse
Waves and Sound
Static Electricity and Coulomb’s Law
9. Practice Tests NEW!
b. English - Reading Comprehension
c. English - Grammar and Vocabulary
d. Science - Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, and Biology
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >