Adobe Acrobat 5 PDF Bible / Edition 1by Ted Padova
Pub. Date: 06/28/2001
If Acrobat 5 can do it, you can do it too...Whether you're a graphic artist or prepress specialist looking for the most efficient way to deliver files to clients and printers, a Webmaster repurposing information for your Web site, or a manager aiming to cut software licensing costs and streamline information distribution, you need this book. Packed with insider tips… See more details below
If Acrobat 5 can do it, you can do it too...Whether you're a graphic artist or prepress specialist looking for the most efficient way to deliver files to clients and printers, a Webmaster repurposing information for your Web site, or a manager aiming to cut software licensing costs and streamline information distribution, you need this book. Packed with insider tips and innovative ideas, Acrobat 5 PDF Bible delivers all the information you need to create files that anyone can view, annotate, edit, print, and publish ? regardless of platform, software, or media. Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Acrobat and PDF files
- Cut review cycles by having people annotate PDFs online
- Use Adobe Acrobat 5 to edit PDF documents and prepare them for print, Web, and screen viewing
- Convert Web pages into PDF files automatically using Web Capture
- Use PDF instead of HTML when viewing, downloading, or posting information on the Web
- Discover how to work with multimedia, thumbnails, and hyperlinks in PDF
- Create and upload a PDF e-book
- Import and export PDF files from and to other Adobe programs
- Rectify output to different imaging devices using the Distiller's Job Options
- Extend Acrobat 5's functionality with third-party plug-ins
- Crackerjack evaluation version
- PDF Toolbox and Arts tools demo versions
- A searchable PDF version of the book plus example files
System Requirements: PC with Windows 9x or higher; Mac OS 8.1 or higher; 64MB RAM
Table of Contents
PART I: Welcome to Adobe Acrobat.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Adobe Acrobat.
Chapter 2: Viewing and Searching PDF Files.
Chapter 3: Using Acrobat Viewers.
PART II: Creating PDF Documents.
Chapter 4: Converting Documents to PDF.
Chapter 5: Using Acrobat Distiller.
Chapter 6: PDF Exports and Imports.
Chapter 7: The Acrobat Environment.
PART III: Enhancing PDF Documents.
Chapter 8: Comments, Text, and Graphics.
Chapter 9: Articles, Bookmarks, and Thumbnails.
Chapter 10: Hypertext References.
PART IV: Acrobat Publishing.
Chapter 11: Acrobat and the Web.
Chapter 12: PDF and eBooks.
Chapter 13: Working with Forms.
Chapter 14: Authentication and Archiving.
PART V: Catologing and Scanning.
Chapter 15: Creating Search Indexes with Acrobat Catalog.
Chapter 16: Scanning in Acrobat.
Chapter 17: Converting Scans to Text.
PART VI: Advanced Acrobat Applications.
Chapter 18: Printing and Digital Prepress.
Chapter 19: Programming.
Chapter 20: Using Plug-Ins.
Appendix: Using the CD-ROM.
End-User License Agreement.
CD-ROM Installation Instructions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >