- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Societies around the world are changing rapidly, but are adolescents being prepared to be adults in the emerging global world? An international study group addresses this question. Articles examine how well adolescents are being prepared for productive employment, healthy relationships, civic participation, and positive physical and mental health.
Preface: Reed Larson, B. Bradford Brown and Jeylan Mortimer.
1. Introduction: 'Globalization, Societal Change, and New Technologies: What They Mean for the Future of Adolescence': Reed Larson.
2. 'Preparation for Work in the Twenty-first Century': Michael J. Shanahan, Jeylan T. Mortimer, Helga Kruger.
3. 'Civic and Community Engagement of Adolescents in the 21st Century': James Youniss, Rainer Silbereisen, Vernoa Christmas-Best, Susan Bales, Marcelo Diversi, Milbrey McLaughlin.
4. 'Adolescents' Interpersonal Competencies in the 21st Century': Reed Larson, Suzanne Wilson, B. Bradford Brown, Frank Furstenberg, Suman Verma.
5. 'Adolescent Health and Well-Being in the 21st Century: A Global Perspective': Kathleen Call, Aylin Riedel, Karen Hein, Vonnie McLoyd, Michele Kipke, Anne Peterson.
6. 'Social Policy Implications': Karen Pittman, Marcelo Diversi, Merita Irby, Thaddus Fabber.
7. 'Social Policy for the 21st Century': Karen Pittman, Marcelo Diversi.
Conclusions: Reed Larson, Suzanne Wilson, B. Bradford Brown, Jeylan Mortimer.