- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Murphy, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Written by a developer, for developers, this detailed guide is a must for Microsoft programmers who are ready to build next-generation web applications and web services on the .NET Platform. Readers will benefit from expert author Greg Beamer's coverage of topics that include:
* Understanding .NET and the Common Language Runtime (CLR)
* The new Visual Basic.NET language
* Working with ASP.NET Controls
* ASP.NET Validation
* ADO.NET datasets
* ADO.Net Errors and Exceptions
* Rendering DataSets With the DataGrid
* Working with SQL Server
* XML and data transport
* Transformation of XML with XSLT
* DTDs and Schemas
* SOAP, BizTalk, DISCO and UDDI
* Security and authentication
* And more...
At the "Unlimited Edition" web site (unltded.com), readers will find:
* Access to every chapter of the book, so readers can get the answers they need even if they left the book at the office
* Brand new content written just for owners of the book! New material gets posted to the site for up to a year after the book publishes, or until a new edition becomes available.
* New chapters are also available in downloadable PDF format, for offline perusal
Part I: Introduction to .NET.
Chapter 1: Introducing the .NET Framework and the CLR.
Chapter 2: Visual Basic .NET.
Chapter 3: ASP.NET.
Chapter 4: XML.
Chapter 5: ADO.NET.
Chapter 6: Your First .NET Application.
Part II: Building Web Applications - ASP.NET and Visual Basic.NET.
Chapter 7: Windows Forms and WebForms.
Chapter 8: Adding Interactivity with ASP.NET Web Controls.
Chapter 9: Validation.
Chapter 10: Error Handling and Debugging.
Chapter 11: Sessions and Applications.
Chapter 12: Configuring Web Applications.
Chapter 13: Security and Authentication.
Chapter 14: Web Services.
Part III: Working with Data - ADO.NET.
Chapter 15: Working with Provider Objects.
Chapter 16: Data Binding with ADO.NET.
Chapter 17: Advanced ADO.NET.
Part IV: Collaboration and Presentation - XML.
Chapter 18: Working with XML.
Chapter 19: Schemas in the .NET Framework.
Chapter 20: Transformations and Navigation.
Part V: Putting It All Together.
Chapter 21: Designing an Intranet Using FormsAuthentication.
Chapter 22: Telling the World: An Internet Application.
Chapter 23: Partnering and Portals: An Extranet through XML WebServices.
On the Companion Web Site.
Appendix A: A Brief Look at the Visual Studio .NET IDE.
Appendix B: A Comparison of Visual Basic .NET and C#.
Appendix C: Some Important .NET Resources.
Posted December 15, 2003
What a waste of paper! after 120 pages the author insists in using the same example for everything: 'Hello, World!'. C'mon! try to use your imagination. The book is just a very simplistic review of what .NET is without any useful examples.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.