Adult Health Nursing / Edition 6by Barbara Lauritsen Christensen, Elaine Oden Kockrow
Pub. Date: 03/12/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
An ideal companion text to Foundations of Nursing, this clearly-written, colorful, and attractively-designed resource prepares the LPN/LVN for today's medical-surgical nursing practice. Content focuses on the nursing process and nursing actions, addressing contemporary issues that include care of the older adult, cultural considerations, delegation to unlicensed… See more details below
An ideal companion text to Foundations of Nursing, this clearly-written, colorful, and attractively-designed resource prepares the LPN/LVN for today's medical-surgical nursing practice. Content focuses on the nursing process and nursing actions, addressing contemporary issues that include care of the older adult, cultural considerations, delegation to unlicensed assistive personnel, patient/family teaching, and home/long-term care. Used together, these two texts provide all the content covered in the entire LPN/LVN curriculum.
- The nursing process is applied consistently and logically to the discussion of disorders and appears in complete summary form at the end of every chapter.
- Full-color art, photography, and design add visual appeal to text content.
- An Overview of Anatomy and Physiology opens all body systems chapters.
- Objectives are divided into Anatomy & Physiology and Medical-Surgical categories.
- Nursing Care Plans are developed around specific case studies with an emphasis on patient goals, outcomes, and questions to promote critical thinking.
- Clinical Pathways reflect collaborative care.
- Assessment is separated out into Subjective and Objective Data.
- Nursing Diagnosespaired with disorder-appropriate Nursing Interventions are screened and highlighted in the text.
- Critical Thinking Questions are found at the end of every Nursing Care Plan.
- Therapeutic Dialogue boxes focus on communication through real-life examples of nurse-patient dialogue.
- Patient Teaching boxes examine discharge instructions and health promotion for patients and families.
- Home Health Considerations boxes discuss issues facing patients and caregivers in the home care setting.
- Older Adult Considerations boxes bring a gerontologic perspective to the analysis of specific disorders.
- Cultural and Ethnic Considerations boxes teach students about specific cultural preferences and how to address the needs of cultural diversity when planning nursing care.
- Medications tables provide quick access to action, dosage, precautions, and nursing considerations for commonly used drugs.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
|1||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology||1|
|2||Care of the Patient with an Immune Disorder||17|
|3||The Surgical Patient||29|
|4||Care of the Patient with an Integumentary Disorder||60|
|5||Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder||102|
|6||Care of the Patient with a Gastrointestinal Disorder||167|
|7||Care of the Patient with an Accessory Organ Disorder||213|
|8||Care of the Patient with a Cardiovascular Disorder||242|
|9||Care of the Patient with a Blood or Lymphatic Disorder||301|
|10||Care of the Patient with a Urinary Disorder||337|
|11||Care of the Patient with a Respiratory Disorder||381|
|12||Care of the Patient with an Endocrine Disorder||435|
|13||Care of the Patient with a Reproductive Disorder||478|
|14||Care of the Patient with an Eye and Ear Disorder||540|
|15||Care of the Patient with a Neurological Disorder||584|
|16||Care of the Patient with HIV Disease||635|
|17||Care of the Patient with Cancer||668|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >