Advanced Medical Transcription with CD-ROM: A Modular Approach / Edition 1by Cynthia Destafano, Fran M. Federman
Pub. Date: 09/16/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This innovative, hands-on text guides readers through progressively more difficult scenario drills and office simulations, helping them gain confidence as they master valuable transcription skills. Using a building block format, the first unit presents fundamental skills and knowledge that are essential to medical transcription practice, and the second unit lets
This innovative, hands-on text guides readers through progressively more difficult scenario drills and office simulations, helping them gain confidence as they master valuable transcription skills. Using a building block format, the first unit presents fundamental skills and knowledge that are essential to medical transcription practice, and the second unit lets readers take on the role of a medical transcriptionist working at an outpatient health care center. Students gain real-world feedback on their transcription skills with interactive exercises on CD-ROM with a Production for Pay Summary feature that calculates their adjusted earnings per hour for each document they complete. An Error Analysis chart categorizes and tracks undetected errors by noting the occurrence of repeated types of mistakes so students can track their own progress and learn more effectively.
• The modular, building-block approach presents segments of information followed immediately by exercises that reinforce material, so students can continually progress to new topics.
• Competency-based, programmed learning approach makes it easy to clearly identify and measure the student's progress.
• Real-world practice scenarios place the student in a simulated "employee" role, providing a sense of on-the-job training for a fictitious health care center with its own rules and procedures.
• An Error Analysis chart for each document categorizes and tracks undetected errors by noting the occurrence of repeated types of mistakes (differentiating between medical language errors and English language errors) so students can identify problem areas and improve performance.
• Production for Pay Summary feature replaces the traditional evaluation process, recording how quickly the document was created, subtracting credit for errors, and calculating the student's adjusted earnings per hour for that document - just like earning a paycheck.
• A Microsoft Word compatible CD-ROM offers pre-tests and post-tests, proofreading exercises, and actual transcription exercises, plus an office simulation program that offers additional transcription practice with a self-correcting feature that gives automatic feedback on the student's accuracy.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 1.27(w) x 8.25(h) x 11.00(d)
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: Introduction
1. An Overview of Advanced Medical Transcription: A Modular Approach
2. Using Advanced Word Processing Features
UNIT II: Specialties
4. Emergency Medicine and Trauma Procedures
6. Internal Medicine
7. Medical Imaging/Interventional Radiology
9. Obstetrics & Gynecology
11. Infectious Diseases
13. Plastic Surgery
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >