Advanced RenderMan: Creating CGI for Motion Pictures / Edition 1by Anthony A. A. Apodaca
Pub. Date: 12/03/1999
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Advanced RenderMan: Creating CGI for Motion Pictures is precisely what you and other RenderMan users are dying for. Written by the world's foremost RenderMan experts, it offers thoroughly updated coverage of the standard while moving beyond the scope of the original RenderMan Companion to provide in-depth information on dozens of advanced topics./i>/i>
Advanced RenderMan: Creating CGI for Motion Pictures is precisely what you and other RenderMan users are dying for. Written by the world's foremost RenderMan experts, it offers thoroughly updated coverage of the standard while moving beyond the scope of the original RenderMan Companion to provide in-depth information on dozens of advanced topics. Both a reference and a tutorial, this book will quickly prove indispensable, whether you're a technical director, graphics programmer, modeler, animator, or hobbyist.
Explore the Power of RenderMan
• Use the entire range of geometric primitives supported by RenderMan.
• Understand how and when to use procedural primitives and level of detail.
• Master every nuance of the Shading Language.
• Write detailed procedural shaders using texture, displacement, pattern generation, and custom reflection models.
• Write shaders for special effects relating to volumes, custom lighting, and non-photorealistic media.
• Use antialiasing to ensure that your shaders are free of artifacts.
• Minimize the expense of rendering scenes by optimizing input.
Other Features from Advanced RenderMan
• Offers expert advice and instruction applicable to any RenderMan-compliant renderer.
• Filled with technical illustrations and many full-color representations of effects supported by the RenderMan standard.
• Includes a chapter reviewing key math and computer graphics concepts.
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics Series
- Product dimensions:
- 7.89(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.71(d)
Table of ContentsPreface
2. Review of Math and CG Concepts
3. Describing Models
4. Geometric Primitives
5. Handling Complexity
6. How PhotoRealistic RenderMan Works
7. Introduction to Shading Language
8. Texture Mapping and Displacement
9. Illumination Models and Lights
10. Pattern Generation
11. Shader Antialiasing
12. A Gallery of Procedural Shaders
Tricks of the Trade
13. Storytelling Through Lighting
14. CG Lighting Controls
15. Volumetric Shaders for Visual Effects
16. Non-Photorealistic Rendering
17. Ray Tracing in PRMan
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >