1. An Essential Introduction.
The Underlying Philosophy of Objects. Rapid Application Design. Classes and Namespaces. .NET Architecture Overview.
2. Review of Variables, Constants, Data Types, and More.
Variables. Constants. Literals. Data Types. Casting. Numeric Data. Strings and Dates.
3. Review of Arrays and Control Statements.
Arrays. Structures. Enum. Control Statements. Catching and Handling Errors. Structured Exception Handling. A Quick Look at Delegates.
4. A Detailed Look at Object Orientation.
Object-Oriented Programming. Encapsulation. Polymorphism. Inheritance. Namespaces and Classes. Designing and Using a Class Module. Object Lifecycle.
5. Directories, Files, Paths and Sequential File Access.
Paths. Directories. Files. Directory and File Dialogs. Streams. Sequential Access Method.
6. The Binary Access Method.
Binary Access. Encryption. FileStream Class. Serialization and Persistent Objects. Random Access Method.
7. Graphics and Animation.
The System. Drawing. Graphics Namespace.
Multithreading. Thread Data Sharing and Synchronization. Thread States.
9. Overview of Database Programming.
Databases. An Overview of ADO.NET.
10. The Connected Layer Command and DataReader Classes.
Command Object. DataReader.
11. More on the Connected Layer.
The Data Form Wizard. The Query Builder Window. The Data Form Wizard with Parameters in SQL Server.
12. The Disconnected Layer.
Data Set Class and its Related Classes. Example of the Dataset and DataTable Classes. Data Set Methods and Properties. Data Table Methods and Properties.
13. Multi-Table Data Sets.
Multi-table Data Sets. Data Relations and Constraints. Data Sets Without a Data Adapter. Data Row Methods and Properties.
14. A Review of Active Server Pages.NET.
WebPages and Web Server. Form Controls. Intro to ASP.NET. Server Controls. Validation Controls. Other ASP.NET Controls.
15. Active Server Pages.NET and ActiveX Data Objects.NET.
HTTPRequest Class. HTTPResponse Class. Maintaining State in Web Applications. HTTPSessionState Class. Intrinsic Classes in ASP.NET. ActiveX Data Objects.NET. .NET Data Providers, OLE DB.NET Data Providers. The SQL Server.NET Data Providers.
16. Web Services.
SQL Overview. DDL. DML Select, Join and Union in the Select Command. DML Action Queries. Performance Considerations in SQL.