Advances in Digital Handwritten Signature Processing: A Human Artefact for e-Societyby Giuseppe Pirlo
In the age of e-society, handwritten signature processing is an enabling technology in a multitude of fields in the “digital agenda” of many countries, ranging from e-health to e-commerce, from e-government to e-justice, from e-democracy to e-banking, and smart cities. Handwritten signatures are very complex signs; they are the result of an elaborate
In the age of e-society, handwritten signature processing is an enabling technology in a multitude of fields in the “digital agenda” of many countries, ranging from e-health to e-commerce, from e-government to e-justice, from e-democracy to e-banking, and smart cities. Handwritten signatures are very complex signs; they are the result of an elaborate process that depends on the psychophysical state of the signer and the conditions under which the signature apposition process occurs. Notwithstanding, recent efforts from academies and industries now make possible the integration of signature-based technologies into other standard equipment to form complete solutions that are able to support the security requirements of today's society.
Advances in Digital Handwritten Signature Processing primarily provides an update on the most fascinating and valuable researches in the multifaceted field of handwritten signature analysis and processing. The chapters within also introduce and discuss critical aspects and precious opportunities related to the use of this technology, as well as highlight fundamental theoretical and applicative aspects of the field.
This book contains papers by well-recognized and active researchers and scientists, as well as by engineers and commercial managers working for large international companies in the field of signature-based systems for a wide range of applications and for the development of e-society.
This publication is devoted to both researchers and experts active in the field of biometrics and handwriting forensics, as well as professionals involved in the development of signature-based solutions for advanced applications in medicine, finance, commerce, banking, public and private administrations, etc. Handwritten Signature Processing may also be used as an advanced textbook by graduate students.Contents:
- Stability Analysis of Online Signatures in the Generation Domain (Giuseppe Pirlo, Donato Impedovo, Rejean Plamondon and Christian O'Reilly)
- Exploiting Stability Regions for Online Signature Verification (Antonio Parziale and Angelo Marcelli)
- Two Bioinspired Methods for Dynamic Signatures Analysis (Jânio Canuto, Bernadette Dorizzi and Jogurta Montalvão)
- Using Global Features for Pre-Classification in Online Signature Verification Systems (Marianela Parodi and Juan C Gómez)
- Instance Selection Method in Multi-Expert System for Online Signature Verification (Giuseppe Pirlo, Donato Barbuzzi and Donato Impedovo)
- Towards a Shared Conceptualization for Automatic Signature Verification (Markus Liwicki, Muhammad Imran Malik and Charles Berger)
- Offline Signature Verification Based on Probabilistic Representation of Grid Events (Konstantina Barkoula, Elias N Zois, Evangelos Zervas and George Economou)
- Local Features for Off-Line Forensic Signature Verificaton (Muhammad Imran Malik, Markus Liwicki and Andreas Dengel)
- Emerging Issues for Static Handwritten Signature Biometrics (Moises Diaz-Caprera, Aythami Morales and Miguel A Ferrer)
- Biometric Signatures in Mobility: The Need for Transformation and the Opportunity for Innovation (Emilio Paterlini)
- Biometric Handwritten Solution: A World in a Signature (Carlo Nava)
Readership: Professionals, experts & researchers in the fields of biometrics and signature-based technology/solutions; advanced graduate students.
- World Scientific Publishing Company, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >