- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
An edited volume that takes a more practical look at the area of women in management, indicating the initiatives that leading edge organizations have implemented to support the career advancement of managerial and professional women.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
PART I. OVERVIEW.
1. Advancing Women in Management: Progress and Prospects (RonaldJ. Burke and Debra L. Nelson).
2. Developing Women as Global Leaders: Lessons and Sense Makingfrom an Organizational Change Effort (Joyce S. Osland, Nancy J.Adler, and Laura W. Brody).
3. A Decade o Diversity (Nuzhat Jafri and Katie Isbister).
PART II. CHALLENGES.
4. The Black and Ethnic Minority Women Manager (Marilyn J.Davidson).
5. Work and Family Issues: Old and New (Suzan Lewis).
6. Sexual Harassment and Women’s Advancement: Issues,Challenges, and Directions (Myrtle P. Bell and Mary E.McLaughlin).
7. Gender Differences in Explanations for Relocating or ChangingOrganizations for Advancement (Phyllis Tharenou).
PART III. OPPORRTUNITIES.
8. Training and Development: Creating the Right Environment toHelp Women Succeed in Corporate Management (Viki Holton).
9. Career Development of Managerial Women (Ronald J. Burke).
10. Mentoring and Developmental Relationships (Terri A. Scanduraand S. Gayle Baugh).
11. Exploring the Boundaries in Professional Careers:Reduced-Load Work Arrangements in Law, Medicine, and Accounting(Mary Dean Lee, Lori Engler, and Leanne Wright).
12. Developing Tomorrow’s Women Business Leaders (SusanVinnicombe and Val Singh).
13. Flexible Work Arrangements: A Successful Strategy for theAdvancement of Women at the Royal Bank Financial Group (Nora L.Spinks and Norma Tombari).
PART IV. NEW DIRECTIONS.
14. Boundaryless Transitions: Global Entrepreneurial WomenChallenge Career Concepts (Dorothy Perrin Moore).
15. Time in Organizations: Constraints on, and Possibilitiesfor, Gender Equity in the Workplace (Lotte Bailyn).
16. Positive Psychology at Work: Savoring Challenge andEngagement (Bret L. Simmons).
17. Organizational Culture: A Key to the Success of Work andFamily Programs (Ronald J. Burke).
18. Best Practices for Retaining and Advancing WomenProfessionals and Managers (Mary C. Mattis).
19. Advancing Women’s Executive Leadership (ValHammond).