The Adventures Of Johnny Chuckby Thornton Burgess, Harrison Cady
Children will love hearing, and reading, about Johnny Chuck and his adventures in the Green Meadow and Green Forest when he decides to give away his home, turn into a tramp, and travel around the Green Forest and Green Meadow looking for a new home, why he fights with the first chuck he meets but not the second, where he decides to build his new house, and what happens when Sammy Jay discovers his new house and his new secret!
• * Originally published in 1913, “The Adventures of Johnny Chuck” is part of the rich heritage of children’s nature books left to us by Thornton W. Burgess in his long running — and much beloved — series of children’s nature books about the Green Meadow and the Green Forest..
• * Young readers travel to the timeless world of the Green Forest and Smiling Pool. Gentle lessons about nature, the environment, and the “lesser folk of fur and feathers” for today’s young readers and listeners.
• * This book is the second in Thornton Burgess’s “Bed-Time Storybook” series. Any imaginative child will be captivated by this book. The chapters are short, with simple language that children will identify with, and is printed in easy-to-read 14-point type. Read aloud to pre-readers, or read by children themselves, this book will surely be a family favorite in no time. This edition includes the original four Harrison Cady illustrations. “The Adventures of Johnny Chuck” is included with “The Adventures of Reddy Fox,” “The Adventures of Peter Cottontail,” and “The Adventures of Unc’ Billy Possum” in Flying Chipmunk Publishing’s “Thornton Burgess’s Bed-Time Storybooks, Volume 1” (ISBN 978-1-60459-975-6)
• * Check out the other Thornton Burgess books published by Flying Chipmunk Publishing at www. FlyingChipmunkPublishing.com. (And download the FREE 20 page “Mother West Wind/Peter Rabbit Coloring Book” available there!)
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.18(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >