Aesthetics: The Classic Readings / Edition 1by David E. Cooper, Crispin Sartwell
Pub. Date: 11/28/1997
This is the first volume to be published in an exciting new series of classic collections in philosophy. See more details below
This is the first volume to be published in an exciting new series of classic collections in philosophy.
Table of Contents
1. Republic, Book 10: Plato.
2. Poetics, Chapters 1-13: Aristotle.
3. Against Music:Mo Tzu.
A Discussion of Music: Hsun Tzu.
4. Enneads, 1.6: Plotinus.
5. Quotes on Painting: Shih-t'oa.
6. Of the Standard Taste: Hume.
7. Critique of Aesthetic Judgement 1-13, 16, 23-4, 28: Kant.
8. On the Aesthetic Education of Man, Letters 26-7: Schiller.
9. Introduction to Aesthetics, Chapters 1-3: Hegel.
10. The World as Will and Representation, Vol I 52: Schopenhauer.
11. On Art: Tolstoy.
12. Art, Chapter 1: Bell.
13. The Dance of Siva, Chapters 2-3: Coomaraswamy.
14. Art as Experience, Chapter 1: Dewey.
15. On the Origin of the Work of Art: Heidegger.
16. The Principles of Art, Chapter 7: Collingwood.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >