Affirming Diversity: The Sociopolitical Context of Multicultural Education, Student Value Edition / Edition 6by Sonia Nieto, Patty Bode
Pub. Date: 03/06/2012
My>6e This best-selling text explores the meaning, necessity, and benefits of multicultural education--in a sociopolitical context--for students of all backgrounds. Sonia Nieto and Patty Bode look at how personal, social, political, cultural, and educational factors affect the success or failure of students in today's classroom. Expanding upon the popular case-study approach, "Affirming Diversity: The Sociopolitical Context of Multicultural Education" examines the lives of real students who are affected by multicultural education, or the lack of it. This social justice view of multicultural education encourages teachers to work for social change in their classrooms, schools, and communities. MyEducationLab is an online learning tool that provides resources to help you develop the knowledge and skills you'll need to be a successful teacher. All of the activities and exercises in MyEducationLab are built around essential learning outcomes for teachers. The site provides you with opportunities both to study your course content and to practice the teaching skills you need to excel as a teacher. With MyEducationLab, you will be able to do the following:
- Use Lesson Planning Software to develop high-quality lesson plans. The software also makes it easy to integrate your state's content standards into all of your lesson plans.
- Practice applying what you're learning in interactive excercises and simulations including Building Teaching Skills exercises.
- Respond to real classroom situations as you analyze classroom video, case studies, and authentic student and teacher artifacts.
- Gain a better understanding of concepts and student experiences in multicultural settings through additional case studies, content, and resources.
- Assess your mastery of chapter content through a book specific Study Plan quizzes that provide overall scores for each objective and also explain why responses to particular items are correct or incorrect.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews