Agricultural and Food Policy / Edition 4by Ronald D. Knutson, J. B. Penn, Barry L. Flinchbaugh
Pub. Date: 08/12/1997
Publisher: Pearson Education
Provides a comprehensive analysis of the role of government in agriculture in the United States and the effects of the federal government's agricultural and food policies. Presenting the political process as it relates to agriculture, it explains the role of agriculture committees within Congress; the role of USDA; and of Farm, agribusiness, and public interest organizations. It introduces economic principles to analyze a particular problem, policy, program, or consequence. The fourth edition of Agricultural and Food Policy has been revised to include comprehensive treatment of international trade policy and the issues likely to dominate the next round of trade negotiations beginning in 2000; policies relating to food safety; the implications of welfare reform on the future scope and structure of the USDA; and current perspectives on the balance of world food supply and demand. The book also includes a new chapter on the ways in which the 1996 Farm bill changes the role of government in agriculture. An essential reference for anyone involved in agriculture or in the formulation of agriculture and food policy.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.33(w) x 9.58(h) x 1.18(d)
Table of Contents
2. Policy Problems of Food and Agriculture.
3. The Policy Process.
4. Food and Agricultural Policy Interest Groups.
II. INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY.
6. The Role of Trade.
7. International Trade and Market Development Policy.
8. The Macroeconomics of Agriculture.
III. DOMESTIC FARM AND RESOURCE POLICY.
10. Domestic Farm Policy: A Historical Perspective.
11. Contemporary Options for Domestic Farm Policy.
12. The Structure of Agriculture.
13. Resource Policy.
IV. CONSUMERS, RURAL DEVELOPMENT, AND AGRIBUSINESS.
15. Nutrition, Food Safety, and Food Quality.
16. Rural Development Policy.
17. Impact of Agricultural and Food Policy on Agribusiness.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >