Air Conditioning Systems: Principles, Equipment, and Service / Edition 1by . AHRI, Joseph Moravek, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Insti
Pub. Date: 09/19/2000
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Based on the Air Conditioning Institute Curriculum Guide, this book provides practical information to supplement and advance skills of the entry-level technician. It focuses on air conditioning systems and the components that make up these systems, while emphasizing information that will be useful to the service technician. The material presented here/b>… See more details below
Based on the Air Conditioning Institute Curriculum Guide, this book provides practical information to supplement and advance skills of the entry-level technician. It focuses on air conditioning systems and the components that make up these systems, while emphasizing information that will be useful to the service technician. The material presented here stresses the competency-based educational approach, preparing readers to exhibit learned skills in several different ways, and put information into practice so that it is useful and maintained. Chapter topics include extensive information on charging procedures; electrical and refrigerant-side troubleshooting; safety and the refrigeration cycle; preventive maintenance; and industry certification. A useful source of knowledge for entry-level technicians and experienced professionals in the air conditioning field.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.60(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. Safety on the Job.
2. Refrigeration Cycle: How the System Cools.
3. Leak-Detection Procedures.
4. How to Charge Air-Conditioning Systems.
5. Charging Procedures: Pressure-Temperature Method.
6. Charging Procedures: Superheat Methods.
7. Charging Procedures: Subcooling, Amperage Draw and Manufacturing Recommendations.
8. Temperature-Difference, Sight-Glass, and Sweatback Methods.
9. Weigh-In, Frostback, and Approach Charging Methods.
10. Troubleshooting Air-Conditioning Systems.
11. Mechanical Troubleshooting—Part I.
12. Mechanical Troubleshooting—Part II.
13. Mechanical Troubleshooting—Part III.
14. The Electrical Side of Air Conditioning.
15. Troubleshooting Electrical Components.
16. Understanding Electrical Diagrams.
17. Troubleshooting Electrical Diagrams.
18. Preventative Maintenance.
19. HVAC/R Industry Certification.
20. Appendix: Useful Formulas, Conversions, and Common Abbreviations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >