"...surprisingly good book..." (Computer Shoppers, June 2006)
Ajax For Dummiesby Steve Holzner
Even if you weren’t intimidated before, that tidbit is probably enough to make you reach for the Excedrin. Just reach for Ajax For Dummies instead. With screen shots, actual code and explanations, and live Web sites where you can see Ajax applications doing their/i>/b>
Even if you weren’t intimidated before, that tidbit is probably enough to make you reach for the Excedrin. Just reach for Ajax For Dummies instead. With screen shots, actual code and explanations, and live Web sites where you can see Ajax applications doing their thing, it will have you using Ajax to create Web applications that look an act like desktop applications in no time. With Ajax, you can speed up and clean up your Web applications. Shoppers at your online store can fill their carts without waiting for multiple page refreshes. Searchers on your sites can get instant results on the same page.
- Writing some Ajax, interactive mouseovers using Ajax, passing data to the server with GET or POST, and more
- Connecting to Google for a live search
- Using free Ajax frameworks so you don’t have to start from scratch, including Ajax Gold (written specifically for this book), AJAXLib, and grabbing XML with libXmlRequest
- All kinds of Ajax techniques, such as using Ajax for drag-and-drop operations, pop-up menus, downloading images behind the scenes, and more
- Using SACK (simple AJAX code kit), decoding XML with Sarissa, and creating visual effects with Rico
- Handling XML int Ajax Applications
- Working with cascading style sheets (CCS) in Ajax, including setting up the styles, displaying a menu, styling text, handling colors and backgrounds, and more
- Working with Ajax and PHP
Complete with a companion Web site, free Ajax frameworks, and sample code you can use, Ajax for Dummies is your friendly guide to creating truly user-friendly Web sites!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Read an Excerpt
Meet the Author
Steve Holzner is the award-winning author of nearly 100 computer books. His books have sold more than 2 million copies and have been translated into 18 languages around the world. He specializes in online topics, especially Ajax, and he has long done commercial Ajax programming.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >