Aligned Yellow Bricks: The Road Back to Kansasby Bob Woodward
Aligned Yellow Bricks demonstrates the critical need for strategic vision when creating and maintaining balanced organizational structures and aligned workplace activities. Author Bob Woodward illustrates the effectiveness of this approach by citing descriptive examples from the mythical Professor Marvel Manufacturing Corporation to better-known business giants including Hewlett-Packard, Ford Motor Company, and General Electric.
The framework for establishing goal-based structural alignment and building a strategic roadmap can be found in the following questions:
- What are the primary goals of the organization?
- Has the organizational structure been aligned to effectively execute the actions necessary to achieve those goals?
- Have balanced metrics been defined to measure and integrate the aligned actions necessary to achieve those goals?
- Does the reward system create the incentives necessary to spur those appropriate actions?
Aligned Yellow Bricks presents a logical and progressive methodology for success, while preventing unproductive "whirlwinds" of misaligned activity and Oz-like illusions of accomplishment. This step-by-step guide provides the direction to keep any organization grounded and steadily progressing along the strategic road to effective organizational achievement.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.44(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >