Written by one of the most dynamic author teams in the field of Reading and Literacy, the third edition of All Children Read continues to offer K-8 teachers the best practices for developing reading and writing in all students.
Central to the text are the six overriding themes—the struggling reader, family/community literacy; new literacies; writing and reading connections; developmental, cultural, and linguistic diversity; and phonics/phonological awareness—interwoven throughout this text.
Preparing teachers to teach today’s students
- New! A new chapter on critical thinking prepares teachers to develop students’ ability to reflectively engage with and evaluate traditional and new media.
- New! Increased and expanded coverage of English language learners.
- Differentiated Instruction features highlight ways to differentiate instruction so that all students are engaged.
Preparing teachers to apply theory and strategy in the classroom
- Standards and Literacy features show how standards shape literacy education.
- Assessment: Focus on Instruction features cover practical topics of literacy assessment, including additional information on assessing the reading achievement of English Language Learners.
- New! Increased coverage of how to integrate curriculum across the content areas.
- New! Information on how to implement response to intervention (RTI) (see Chapter 2).
- Teach It features provide teaching tips for skill development and new approaches to the teaching of literacy.
- New! Classroom applications are not limited to the text. Accompanying the book is an exciting new online resource, MyEducationLab, that is integrated into the text via margin notes and provides readers with opportunities to apply the core principles and strategies of the text while building their teaching skills.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
To order this book WITHOUT MyEducationLab, use either ISBN: