All-in-One Care Planning Resource: Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans / Edition 1by Pamela L. Swearingen
Pub. Date: 07/25/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This exciting new resource contains selected care plans for pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing care plans — 101 care plans in all. This allows students to use one book throughout the curriculum. Care plans are organized in four separate sections (medical-surgical, pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric) and within each… See more details below
This exciting new resource contains selected care plans for pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing care plans — 101 care plans in all. This allows students to use one book throughout the curriculum. Care plans are organized in four separate sections (medical-surgical, pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric) and within each section alphabetically by disorder/condition. The open and attractive two-color design, the latest NANDA nursing diagnoses, and desired outcomes featuring specific timeframes, make this the most student-friendly and clinically relevant nursing care plan book.
- The unique “four books in one” approach includes pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric nursing care plans in addition to medical-surgical care plans.
- Written by clinical experts in each subject area to ensure the most current, accurate, and clinically-relevant content available.
- Each care plan employs a consistent format of: Overview, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help students to apply concepts to clinical practice.
- An open and attractive two-color design facilitates quick and easy retrieval of information.
- Nursing interventions and rationales are listed in a clear two-column format to make the information more accessible.
- Related NIC interventions and NOC outcomes are listed for each nursing diagnosis.
- The Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning section highlights key patient education topics, as well as resources for further information.
- Health Care Setting is specified for each care plan, since these conditions are treated in various settings such as hospital, primary care, long-term care facility, community, and home care.
- Outcome criteria with specific timelines enable nurses to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
- Includes the most recent NANDA Taxonomy II nursing diagnoses.
- Separate care plans on Pain and End-of-Life Care focus on palliative care for patients with terminal illnesses, as well as relief of acute and chronic pain.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.46(w) x 10.96(h) x 1.61(d)
Table of Contents
|Pt. 1||Medical-Surgical Nursing Care Plans||1|
|6||Psychosocial Support for the Patient's Family and Significant Others||95|
|7||Care of the Older Adult||101|
|8||Palliative and End-of-Life Care||115|
|9||Acute Respiratory Failure||127|
|16||Aneurysms: Abdominal, Thoracic, and Femoral||161|
|17||Atherosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease||165|
|18||Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure)||171|
|20||Coronary Heart Disease||179|
|21||Dysrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances||189|
|26||Acute Renal Failure||223|
|27||Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy||231|
|28||Chronic Renal Failure||243|
|31||Care of the Renal Transplant Recipient||261|
|34||Urinary Tract Obstruction||287|
|35||General Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders||291|
|40||Intervertebral Disk Disease||349|
|44||Spinal Cord Injury||383|
|49||Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone||433|
|52||Cholelithiasis, Cholecystitis, and Cholangitis||453|
|61||Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation||515|
|62||Erythropoietin Deficiency Anemia||519|
|70||Total Hip Arthroplasty||563|
|71||Caring for Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus Disease||569|
|72||Managing Wound Care||583|
|73||Providing Nutritional Support||589|
|Pt. 2||Pediatric Nursing Care Plans||601|
|75||Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder||609|
|79||Child Abuse and Neglect||643|
|81||Diabetes Mellitus in Children||657|
|86||Sickle Cell Pain Crisis||691|
|Pt. 3||Maternity Nursing Care Plans||699|
|87||Bleeding in Pregnancy||699|
|89||Diabetes in Pregnancy||715|
|92||Postpartum Wound Infection||739|
|95||Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes||765|
|Pt. 4||Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans||775|
|97||Bipolar Disorder (Manic Component)||785|
|98||Dementia - Alzheimer's Type||793|
|101||Substance Abuse Disorders||821|
|App||Infection Prevention and Control||831|
|App||Normal Laboratory Values||838|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book is fantastic for nursing students. In one volume, you have a resource for med/surg, peds, L&D and psych care plans. This makes it an economical and well-rounded textbook choice. The text is well organized and accessible. Each of the four major sections highlights specific medical diagnoses, with information about the pathophysiology of the diagnosis. It details appropriate nursing diagnoses associated with each of the medical diagnoses and includes a wealth of patient education, interventions, important assessments and tests based on the latest evidence-based practice. It also includes measurable outcomes! The book is easy to use. The color coding is simple. The index is complete. And it includes NIC and NOC outcomes and uses NANDA terminology. This book helped me create successful care plans as well as allowing me to more easily carry theory into my clinical practice as a nursing student. I highly recommend it as a resource.
Here are the features of this book that merit 5 stars: 1) measurable outcome criteria; 2) detailed yet clearly written interventions and rationales; 3) all core areas covered necessitating only one book purchase; 4) good coverage of pathophysiology; 5) the straight A's you'll get on your care plans. It's a great book!
As others have said, this book is indexed by medical condition and not nursing diagnoses so there is limited info for developing a nursing care plan.
I am a first year nursing student and I find that this book to be the most useful book among my others in doing my clinical care plans each week.I would highly recommend this care plan book to other nursing students!
I love this book, it makes writing care plans easy
Title is misleading. Not very comprehensive. Didn't use at all for maternity rotation. only able to use 1 part of psych section for psych rotation. I wouldn't recommend it for care plans or other in-depth reports.
I did not care for the organization of this book. As most of the care plan books, this one is organized by MEDICAL diagnosis, NOT NURSING diagnosis. And also there is limited conditions- this doesn't cover everything as the name might suggest.
I just finished my first semester of nursing school and this book has been extremely helpful. I love the way it is layed out. I looked at others and this one is very clear, easy to use and has many interventions and rationales I found useful.I plan to use it for the next year and a half. I hope you'll compare it to others and find it as helpful as I have.
I found this book very helpful. Since it is an all in one I have been able to use for 2 semesters so far. It is easy to understand and even easier to find the info. you need.