All-In-One Care Planning Resource / Edition 3by Pamela L. Swearingen
Pub. Date: 06/17/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The only book with nursing care plans for all core clinical areas, All-In-One Care Planning Resource, 3rd Edition, provides 100 care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you need to know to care for patients in all settings. It includes care plans for pediatric, maternity, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing, so you/b>
The only book with nursing care plans for all core clinical areas, All-In-One Care Planning Resource, 3rd Edition, provides 100 care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you need to know to care for patients in all settings. It includes care plans for pediatric, maternity, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing, so you can use just one book throughout your entire nursing curriculum. A new online care plan tutorial walks you through the steps of creating care plans, and updates keep you current with the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, QSEN patient safety standards, and evidence-based practice guidelines. Edited by Pamela Swearingen, this book is known for its clear, straightforward approach, its practical and consistent format, and its detailed rationales.
• Updates from clinical experts ensure the most current, accurate, and clinically relevant content available.
• A consistent format for each care plan allows faster lookup of key content, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
• Color-coded sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing make it easy to find information quickly.
• Prioritized nursing diagnoses are listed in order of importance and physiologic need.
• A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to scan information.
• Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you to apply concepts to clinical practice.
• Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
• NANDA-I taxonomy updates keep you current with NANDA-I terminology and current diagnoses.
• Updated content covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, QSEN patient safety standards, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
• 16 new and updated NANDA-I nursing diagnoses include adult failure to thrive, chronic confusion, risk for shock, interrupted breastfeeding, and impaired environmental interpretation syndrome.
• Unique! The companion Evolve website includes a narrated online care planning tutorial with step-by-step guidance on how to create accurate and comprehensive care plans.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Medical-Surgical Nursing Care Plans
General Care Plans
1. Cancer Care
3. Perioperative Care
4. Prolonged Bedrest
5. Psychosocial Support
6. Psychosocial Support for the Patient's Family and Significant Other
7. Older Adult Care
8. Palliative and End-of-Life Care
Respiratory Care Plans
9. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
12. Pulmonary Embolus
13. Pulmonary Tuberculosis
14. Respiratory Failure, Acute
Cardiovascular Care Plans
16. Atherosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease
17. Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure)
18. Cardiac Surgery
19. Coronary Artery Disease
20. Dysrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
21. Heart Failure
23. Pulmonary Hypertension
24. Venous Thrombosis/Thrombophlebitis
Renal-Urinary Care Plans
25. Renal Failure, Acute
26. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
27. Chronic Kidney Disease
28. Care of the Patient Undergoing Hemodialysis
29. Care of the Patient Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis
30. Care of the Renal Transplant Recipient
31. Ureteral Calculi
32. Urinary Diversions
33. Urinary Tract Obstruction
Neurologic Care Plans
34. General Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders
35. Bacterial Meningitis
36. Guillain-Barre Syndrome
37. Intervertebral Disk Disease
38. Multiple Sclerosis
40. Seizures and Epilepsy
41. Spinal Cord Injury
43. Traumatic Brain Injury
Endocrine Care Plans
44. Diabetes Insipidus
45. Diabetes Mellitus
46. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
47. Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome
50. Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone
Gastrointestinal Care Plans
51. Abdominal Trauma
53. Cholelithiasis, Cholecystitis, and Cholangitis
55. Crohn's Disease
56. Fecal Diversions: Colostomy, Ileostomy, and Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomoses
59. Peptic Ulcer Disease
61. Ulcerative Colitis
Hematologic Care Plans
62. Anemias of Chronic Disease
63. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
Musculoskeletal Care Plans
68. Joint Replacement Surgery
71. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Special Needs Care Plans
72. Caring for Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus
73. Managing Wound Care
74. Providing Nutritional Support
Part II: Pediatric Nursing Care Plans
76. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
79. Cerebral Palsy
80. Child Abuse and Neglect
81. Cystic Fibrosis
82. Diabetes Mellitus in Children
83. Fractures in Children
85. Otitis Media
87. Sickle Cell Pain Crisis
Part III: Maternity Nursing Care Plans
88. Bleeding in Pregnancy
89. Diabetes in Pregnancy
90. Hyperemesis Gravidarum
91. Postpartum Wound Infection
93. Preterm Labor
94. Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes
Part IV: Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans
95. Anxiety Disorders
96. Bipolar Disorder (Manic Component)
97. Dementia-Alzheimer's Type
98. Major Depression
100. Substance Abuse Disorders
A. Infection Prevention and Control
B. Laboratory Tests Discussed in this Manual: Normal Values (Adults)
C. Normal Laboratory Values (Pediatric Patients)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book is fantastic for nursing students. In one volume, you have a resource for med/surg, peds, L&D and psych care plans. This makes it an economical and well-rounded textbook choice. The text is well organized and accessible. Each of the four major sections highlights specific medical diagnoses, with information about the pathophysiology of the diagnosis. It details appropriate nursing diagnoses associated with each of the medical diagnoses and includes a wealth of patient education, interventions, important assessments and tests based on the latest evidence-based practice. It also includes measurable outcomes! The book is easy to use. The color coding is simple. The index is complete. And it includes NIC and NOC outcomes and uses NANDA terminology. This book helped me create successful care plans as well as allowing me to more easily carry theory into my clinical practice as a nursing student. I highly recommend it as a resource.
Here are the features of this book that merit 5 stars: 1) measurable outcome criteria; 2) detailed yet clearly written interventions and rationales; 3) all core areas covered necessitating only one book purchase; 4) good coverage of pathophysiology; 5) the straight A's you'll get on your care plans. It's a great book!
As others have said, this book is indexed by medical condition and not nursing diagnoses so there is limited info for developing a nursing care plan.
I am a first year nursing student and I find that this book to be the most useful book among my others in doing my clinical care plans each week.I would highly recommend this care plan book to other nursing students!
I love this book, it makes writing care plans easy
Title is misleading. Not very comprehensive. Didn't use at all for maternity rotation. only able to use 1 part of psych section for psych rotation. I wouldn't recommend it for care plans or other in-depth reports.
I did not care for the organization of this book. As most of the care plan books, this one is organized by MEDICAL diagnosis, NOT NURSING diagnosis. And also there is limited conditions- this doesn't cover everything as the name might suggest.
I just finished my first semester of nursing school and this book has been extremely helpful. I love the way it is layed out. I looked at others and this one is very clear, easy to use and has many interventions and rationales I found useful.I plan to use it for the next year and a half. I hope you'll compare it to others and find it as helpful as I have.
I found this book very helpful. Since it is an all in one I have been able to use for 2 semesters so far. It is easy to understand and even easier to find the info. you need.