Allergy and Immunology Secrets: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 2by M. Eric Gershwin, Stanley M. Naguwa
Pub. Date: 11/26/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
As the number of asthma and immunodeficiency cases continues to rise, thorough knowledge of immunologic processes is becoming increasingly important. Despite the seemingly small number of chapters, each chapter provides comprehensive coverage of all the topics necessary to pass the allergy-clinical immunology boards in the easy-to-use Secrets format. Chapters… See more details below
As the number of asthma and immunodeficiency cases continues to rise, thorough knowledge of immunologic processes is becoming increasingly important. Despite the seemingly small number of chapters, each chapter provides comprehensive coverage of all the topics necessary to pass the allergy-clinical immunology boards in the easy-to-use Secrets format. Chapters include epidemiology, pathophysiology, asthma, sinusitis, urticaria/angioedema, atopic dermatitis, anaphylaxis, food allergy/ intolerance, insect allergy, drug hypersensitivity, immunodeficiency, and systemic mast cell disease.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
• Excellent preparation for allergy-clinical immunology boards.
• Includes a chapter on alternative medicine treatments for allergy.
• All the most important "need-to-know" questions-and-answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®
• Concise answers that include the author's pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets"
• Bulleted lists, algorithms, and illustrations for quick review
• Thorough, highly detailed index
• Thought-provoking questions that provide succinct answers
• Presentation of a vast amount of information, but not overly simplistic
Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
• Access to the complete text and illustrations of this book.
• Content clipping for your handheld.
• An interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources.
• The more STUDENTCONSULT titles you buy, the more resources you can access online!
• Look for the STUDENT CONSULT logo on your favorite Elsevier textbooks!
• Complete updating of all information.
Table of Contents
1. Genetics and Epidemiology of Allergic Disease
2. Immunology and Pathophysiology of Allergic Disease
3. Aeroallergens and Other Environmental Allergens
4. Evaluation of Allergic Disease
5. Allergic Rhinitis
8. Urticaria and Angioedema
9. Atopic Dermatitis
10. Ocular Allergy
12. Serum Sickness
13. Food Allergy and Intolerance
14. Insect Allergy
15. Drug Hypersensitivity
16. Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis/Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
17. Primary Immunodeficiencies
19. Complementary Medicine
20. Systemic Mast Cell Diseases
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >