- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The ABA Guide to Wills & Estates ...
The ABA Guide to Wills & Estates will help you:
• Determine what to put in an estate plan
• Decide whether to prepare a will, trust, or living trust
• Avoid or reduce estate taxes
• Change plans if the law or your circumstances change
• Transfer property without a will with substitutes such as life insurance and joint tenancy
• Understand the benefits of living gifts and life insurance
• Choose an executor and trustee
• Guard against a will being contested
Posted October 21, 2011
This affordable book nearly 370 pages is a very thorough tutorial on issues involving wills and estates short of actually speaking to a lawyer. For more information the publisher, American Bar Association, also has a web site which further expands on topics in this text. It is important, however, to also research the specifics of wills and estates in the state where you live. Here in Oregon, the Oregon Bar Association has a web site which functions as a tutorial of sorts, and additionally provides a Q and A feature for reader inquiries relative to Oregon law. In the end seeing an attorney is the ideal, however being as informed as possible is always a wise decision. Guide to Wills and Estates gets one more than half way there.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.