1. An Overview of the Courts. 2. Court Organization. 3. Lawyers. 4. The Selection of Judges. 5. Judges. 6. Trial Courts: Criminal Cases. 7. Trial Courts: Civil Cases. 8. Appellate Courts: The Process. 9. Appellate Courts: Policy and Impact.
American Courts: Process and Policy / Edition 6by Lawrence Baum
Pub. Date: 07/06/2007
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Scholar Lawrence Baum presents thorough descriptions of the courts and their activities with clear, engaging prose to foster student interest. Comprehensive and current, the text offers explanations of what the courts do, how officers of the court perform their duties, and how the judicial branch relates to the rest of the political system. Cases from most of the 50 states help students better understand and evaluate the courts' role in the legal process.
- Expanded and updated coverage of entering the law profession.
- End-of-chapter Internet resources guide students to relevant web sites.
- Text exhibits cover recent judicial events and issues such as the 2000 Presidential election, the prosecution of Linda Tripp, and the battle over tort reform.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.50(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews