- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The monumental Harvard Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Groups is the most authoritative single source available on the history, culture, and distinctive characteristics of ethnic groups in the United States. Dimensions of Ethnicity is designed to make this landmark scholarship available to everyone in a series of handy paperbound student editions. Selections in this series will include outstanding articles that illuminate the social dynamics of a pluralistic nation or masterfully summarize the experience of key groups.
Written by the best-qualified scholars in each field, this book reflects the complex interplay between assimilation and pluralism that is a central theme of the American experience.
1. Peoples of the Atlantic Coast
2. The Depopulated Southeast
3. The Iroquois of the Eastern Great Lakes Country
4. The Western Great Lakes Country
5. The Mississippi Valley
6. The Crucible of Oklahoma
7. The Northern Plains
8. The Western Border of the Plains
9. The Southwest
11. The Northwest
13. Urban Indians
14. Federal Policy Toward American Indians