- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Find out about the origins of American literature and significant figures in romanticism and poetry. ...
Find out about the origins of American literature and significant figures in romanticism and poetry. Understand the differences between realism and transcendentalism. Whether youâ€™re interested in studying American literature, brushing up on an English course you took years ago, or fascinated by the different types of literature, you will advance your knowledge with this eBook.
Understand American literature as well as an English professor, and with this book as your guide you will:
- Learn the masters of Romanticism and poetry
- Understand Romanticism and prose
- Find out about colonial American literature and writings during the period
- Understand modernist experimentation
- Dive into the transcendentalism movement
- Explore themes throughout American literary works
- Understand the British influence on American literature
- Dive into contemporary American literature
Posted September 6, 2013
I just finished reading American Literature: The Text Vook by Dr. Vook. There are many text books on many different subjects by this author. This book would fall in the category of nonfiction.
This book talks about the major literary movements throughout American history. It starts at the beginning of the forming of America, and it ends with the very last major literary change in American Literature. It covers many important events, themes, and authors.
I'm sure that I am one of very few to say that I really enjoyed and loved this book. It is very short, but it covered all the important points that it needed to cover. It has been written in a way that would make it interesting for many types of readers. I think it really helped me get a somewhat better understanding of literature. I fully recommend it.
Posted May 13, 2011
No text was provided for this review.