- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In the revision of this seminal text, Harold Livesay introduces students to the key trends of American business, while maintaining the clarity and intellectual acumen that has made this text a perennial choice for instructors of U.S. History.
American Made presents the history of the people who forever changed the way that Americans do business. This edition has updated the stories of historical business figures with the latest scholarship, and has added important figures that have redefined American business in recent years. Additionally, two new themes of American business have been added: globalization, and the impact of information technology.
2. The Artist of His Country: Eli Whitney
3. The Grim Reaper: Cyrus Hall McCormick
4. The Star-Spangled Scotchman: Andrew Carnegie
5. The Most Useful American: Thomas A. Edison
6. The Insolent Charioteer: Henry Ford
7. The Patriarchal Pioneer: Pierre S. du Pont
8. The Organization Man: Alfred P. Sloan
9. Avatar of the Worldwide Car: Henry Ford II
10. The Philosopher Scientist: Edwin Land
11. And So It Goes: Burgers, Bargains, and Bytes
12. Of Things Past and Things to Come