- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
I. OVERVIEW AND ANALYTIC APPROACH.
1. Capitalism and American Politics: An Introduction to Central Themes.
2. Evaluating the American System: Justice and Democracy.
II. THE CONTEXT AND BASIS OF AMERICAN POLITICS.
3. The Cultural Milieu: America as a Liberal Society.
4. The Law, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court.
5. Capitalism: Theory and Implications.
6. Economy and Society: Social Class and Inequality.
7. Economy and Society: The Giant Corporations.
III. THE POLITICAL PROCESS.
8. The Group Process and the Politics of Unequal Power.
9. Elections Amidst Inequality.
10. Protest and Disruption: The Politics of Outsiders.
IV. THE INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT.
11. The Presidency and American Capitalism.
12. President, Congress, and the Bureaucracy.
V. WHAT DOES GOVERNMENT DO?
13. Managing Economic Growth and Corporate Profitability.
14. What Does Government Do?
15. The Welfare State and the Management of Discontent.
VI. BEYOND CAPITALISM AND REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.
16. Towards Justice and Democracy.