- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Pueblo West, CO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book provides a comprehensive review of all the critical elements relevant to the growing phenomenon of gang life. It is designed to provide the necessary background material of gangs so that readers gain a clear idea of the cultural and structural components of gang activity. This book provides an examination of the history of gangs, socio-psychological aspects of individual and group behavior, the major theories and socio-economic reasons as to why gangs exist, descriptions of all types of gangs, as well as law enforcement techniques. For those in law enforcement and criminal justice careers as well as the sociology field.
1. What is a Gang?
2. A History of Gangs.
3. Theoretical Explanations of Gangs.
4. Socio-economic Explanations of Gangs.
5. Gang Structure and Process.
6. Street Gangs: Local, Regional, and Supersized.
7. Female Gangs.
8. Criminal Activities of Street Gangs.
9. Gang Prevention, Suppression and Treatment.