- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A stimulating, modern approach to analytical mechanics
Analytical Mechanics with an Introduction to Dynamical Systems offers a much-needed, up-to-date treatment of analytical dynamics to meet the needs of today's students and professionals. This outstanding resource offers clear and thorough coverage of mechanics and dynamical systems, with an approach that offers a balance between physical fundamentals and mathematical concepts. Exceptionally well written and abundantly illustrated, the book contains over 550 new problems-more than in any other book on the subject-along with user-friendly computational models using MATLAB. Featured topics include:
* An overview of fundamental dynamics, both two- and three-dimensional
* An examination of variational approaches, including Lagrangian theory
* A complete discussion of the dynamics of rotating bodies
* Coverage of the three-dimensional dynamics of rigid bodies
* A detailed treatment of Hamiltonian systems and stability theory
Ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in mechanical engineering, physics, or applied mathematics, this distinguished text is also an excellent self-study or reference text for the practicing engineer or scientist.
Principles of Dynamics.
Calculus of Variations.
Dynamics of Rotating Bodies.