Anatomy and Physiology / Edition 2by Frederic H. Martini, Judi L. Nath
Pub. Date: 03/28/2010
Martini (University of Hawaii) offers condensed explanations and less detailed discussions in this streamlined text/CD-ROM package adapted from his Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology, 6th ed. The streamlined text is 300 pages shorter than the parent text, while still appropriate for a two-semester course. Each set of chapters on a body system concludes with material that helps students integrate new content with other sections; boxed features deal with clinical topics of particular medical or social importance. The art program features color anatomical illustrations, photos, micro-images, and visual explanations. The CD-ROM contains animations and quizzes. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.40(w) x 11.20(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology.
2. The Chemical Level of Organization.
3. The Cellular Level of Organization.
4. The Tissue Level of Organization.
5. The Integumentary System.
6. Osseous Tissue and Skeletal Structure.
7. The Skeleton.
9. Muscle Tissue.
10. The Muscular System.
11. Neural Tissue.
12. The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves.
13. The Brain and Cranial Nerves.
14. Neural Integration.
15. The Special Senses.
16. The Endocrine System.
18. The Heart.
19. Blood Vessels and Circulation.
20. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
21. The Respiratory System.
22. The Digestive System.
24. The Urinary System.
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
26. The Reproductive System.
27. Development and Inheritance.
Answers to Chapter Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >