The purpose of the book is reflected in its title, Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness. The text is written in straightforward language and is complemented by extensive clear, full-colour illustrations. Each chapter provides an explanation of the normal structure and functions of the human body and what occurs when disease or illness disrupts the normal processes.
• Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous text
• Excellent layout ensures the text and relevant illustrations are close together
• Highly illustrated with clear line diagrams, mostly in colour
• Text uses regular sequences of headings, lists, and bullet points to help with learning and revision
• Omits the unnecessary detail which can confuse the student new to the subject
• A glossary of common prefixes, suffixes and roots commonly used in anatomy and physiology
• An Appendix containing useful biological values for easy reference
• Learning outcomes related to the sections within each chapter
• Accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this book
• Access to an Evolve companion website offering animations, MCQs, a full image bank, an audio pronunciation guide as well as useful web links.
· text revised and updated, including one chapter integrating the musculoskeletal system and a new chapter on genetics to reflect the increasing importance of this topic
· new and revised artwork/illustrations
· enhanced features on the Evolve website for students:
-High quality animations
-Web links to supplementary websites
-An audio pronunciation guide and for Lecturers:
-Image bank: the complete collection of images from the book.