- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This indispensable text provides educators with the information they need to understand, be prepared for, and respond to civil litigation.
Advisement Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction Section I. A Review of the Legal Environment and the Function of Law
1. Why Me?
2. Overview of the Organization of Courts and the Legal Environment Section II. The Process of Litigation
3. Annie’s Case
4. The Litigation Process
5. Working With an Attorney: Attorneys’ Considerations in Deciding Whether to Accept a Case
6. Courtroom Environment: You May Feel Small
7. The Trial
8. Managing and Surviving Litigation Stress Section III. Verdict and Analysis
9. Smith v. Red Ridge Unified School District No. 435 (Annie’s Case)
Section IV. Your Role as an Expert Witness
10. Serving as an Expert Witness Section V. Managing Your Risk of Litigation
11. Concluding Thoughts Index