- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals: An Interactive Journey, 2nd edition along with the accompanying Study Success Companion, integrated DVD, and web-site, are written in a manner that will enhance learning of the material versus mass memorization of facts. New features of this edition include:
• Updated Test Your Knowledge exercises that appear within the chapter.
• Expanded end of chapter exercises to enhance critical thinking.
• Updated Amazing Body Facts and Clinical Application boxes with
• the latest re-search and clinical information.
• New animations, games and interactive exercise added to the already
• popular student DVD.
• Enhanced student workbook with visual concept maps and more
• active learning exercises
• New book design makes content easier to locate. A great resource for any healthcare professional
Chapter 1 Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology: Learning the Language
Chapter 2 The Human Body: Reading the Map
Chapter 3 Biochemistry: The Basic Ingredients of Life
Chapter 4 The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
Chapter 5 Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
Chapter 6 The Skeletal System: The Framework
Chapter 7 The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
Chapter 8 The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
Chapter 9 The Nervous System (Part I): The Information Super Highway
Chapter 10 The Nervous System (Part II): The Traffic Control Center
Chapter 11 The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
Chapter 12 The Endocrine System: The Body’s Other Control System
Chapter 13 The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
Chapter 14 The Respiratory System: It’s a Gas
Chapter 15 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense Systems
Chapter 16 The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
Chapter 17 The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
Chapter 18 The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
Chapter 19 The Journey’s End: Now What?
The Study Success Companion: The Key to Your Successful Journey
Appendix B: Medical Terminology,Word Parts, and Singular and Plural Endings A-8
Appendix C: Clinical Abbreviations A-16
Appendix D: Laboratory Reference Values A-25