Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual / Edition 7by Kevin T. Patton
Pub. Date: 09/02/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This completely revised manual is now in full color! It contains a series of 55 exercises for the laboratory setting that provide guided explorations of human anatomy and labeled examples of commonly seen histology and dissection specimens. The rat, the cat, and the featal pig are offered as options for many of the more comprehensive dissection activities making
This completely revised manual is now in full color! It contains a series of 55 exercises for the laboratory setting that provide guided explorations of human anatomy and labeled examples of commonly seen histology and dissection specimens. The rat, the cat, and the featal pig are offered as options for many of the more comprehensive dissection activities making this three laboratory manuals in one. Exercises include the labeling of anatomy, dissection of anatomic models and fresh or preserved specimens, physiological experiments, computerized experiments, and practical applications exercises. The manual also includes safety tips and a comprehensive instruction and preparation guide for the laboratory.
• The modular organization of exercises allows their use in virtually any order required by the needs of individual courses.
• The built-in, full-color Laboratory Reference with 90 labeled examples of commonly seen histology and dissection specimens facilitates anatomy identification.
• The user-friendly spiral binding allows hands-free viewing in the laboratory setting.
• Numerous illustrations of proper procedures complement the complete description of activities.
• Hundreds of two-color anatomy illustrations reinforce learning of anatomical structures.
• 55 laboratory exercises provide a variety of learning experiences for students.
• Complete lists of materials for each exercise give students and instructors a handy reference for efficient setup of laboratory activities.
• Boxed hints provide students with special tips on handling specimens, using equipment, and managing their laboratory activities.
• Safety tips highlighted in special boxes remind students of potential hazards such as fire, chemical spills, cuts, or biological contamination.
• Content and concept review questions throughout encourage students to reinforce and apply their knowledge of human structure and function.
• Practical applications to exercise and athletics, clinical situations, and everyday experiences increase student motivation and place important concepts in a useful context.
• Special reference supplements help students in their examination of laboratory specimens.
• Learning objectives at the beginning of each exercise offer a framework for learning.
• Easy-to-evaluate Lab Report formats allow instructors to check student work or assign grades in an efficient manner.
• Now in full-color!
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Lab Manual
- Product dimensions:
- 9.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.90(d)