Ancient Civilizations / Edition 2by Chris Scarre, Brian M. Fagan
Pub. Date: 07/25/2002
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Ancient Civilizations offers a comparative analysis of the field, including both old world and new civilizations, and explores the connections between all civilizations around the earth.The volume provides a jargon-free introduction to ancient civilizations from the first civilizations, and the great powers in the Near East, to the first Aegean civilizations, the Mediterranean world in the first millennium, Imperial Rome, northeast Africa, divine kings in southeast Asia, and empires in East Asia, as well as early states in the Americas and Andean civilization. For those interested in ancient civilizations.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
2. Theories of States.
II. THE FIRST CIVILIZATIONS.
4. Egyptian Civilization.
5. South Asia: Harappan and Later Civilizations.
6. The First Chinese Civilizations.
III. GREAT POWERS IN THE NEAR EAST.
8. The Near East in the First Millennium B.C.
IV. THE MEDITERRANEAN WORLD.
10. The Mediterranean World in the First Millennium (1000-30 B.C.).
11. Imperial Rome.
V. NORTHEAST AFRICA AND ASIA.
13. Divine Kings in Southeast Asia.
14. Kingdoms and Empires in East Asia (770 B.C.-A.D. 700).
VI. EARLY STATES IN THE AMERICAS.
16. Highland Mesoamerica.
17. The Foundations of Andean Civilization.
18. Andean States (200 B.C.-A.D. 1534).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >