Animal Cell Culture: Essential Methods / Edition 1by John M. Davis
Animal Cell Culture: Essential Methods is an up-to-date guide to all the core concepts and techniques central to the performance of cell culture in the modern laboratory. Every chapter provides selected tried-and-tested protocols for immediate use at the bench along with a plethora of good practical advice, whilst also giving the essential background and/i>… See more details below
Animal Cell Culture: Essential Methods is an up-to-date guide to all the core concepts and techniques central to the performance of cell culture in the modern laboratory. Every chapter provides selected tried-and-tested protocols for immediate use at the bench along with a plethora of good practical advice, whilst also giving the essential background and theory, and discussing the merits and limitations of the various approaches. It represents the most accessible introduction available to the culture and manipulation in vitro of animal cells.
The book is an essential laboratory manual for anyone in academia or industry who is about to embark on cell culture work, yet it will be no less useful to the experienced worker as an easy reference guide to established approaches and techniques.
- Accessible and up-to-date guide to a broad range of methods in animal cell culture.
- Explains clearly and precisely how to carry out selected techniques in addition to giving background information on the various approaches.
- Chapters are written by leading international authorities in the field and cover both well-known and new, tried and tested, methods for working in animal cell culture.
- An essential laboratory manual for students, researchers, and industrial scientists.
- Covers cryopreservation, the design and use of serum- and protein-free media and systems for culture scale-up.
Table of Contents
1 The Cell Culture Laboratory (Sue Clarke and Janette Dillon).
2 Sterilization (Peter L. Roberts).
3 Microscopy of Living Cells (Colin Gray and Daniel Zicha).
4 Basic Techniques and Media, the Maintenance of Cell Lines, and Safety (John M. Davis).
5 Development and Optimization of Serum- and Protein-free Culture Media (Stephen F. Gorfien and David W. Jayme).
6 Cryopreservation and Banking of Cell Lines (Glyn N. Stacey, Ross Hawkins and Roland A. Fleck).
7 Primary Culture of Specific Cell Types and the Establishment of Cell Lines (Kee Woei Ng, Mohan Chothirakottu Abraham, David Tai Wei Leong, Chris Morris and Jan-Thorsten Schantz).
8 Cloning (John Clarke, Alison Porter and John M. Davis).
9 The Quality Control of Animal Cell Lines and the Prevention, Detection and Cure of Contamination (Peter Thraves and Cathy Rowe).
10 Systems for Cell Culture Scale-up (Jennifer Halsall and John M. Davis).
11 Good Laboratory Practice in the Cell Culture Laboratory (Barbara Orton).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >