Preface: Richard G. Cutler.
1. The Involvement of Thioredoxin and Thioredoxin Binding Protein-2 on Cellular Proliferation and Aging Process: Toru Yoshida, Hajime Nakamura, Hiroshi Masutani, and Junji Yodoi.
2. The Different Paths to Age One Hundred: Thomas Perls.
3. Genetic Engineering of Mice to Test the Oxidative Damage Theory of Aging: George M. Martin.
4. Aging and Genome Maintenance: Jan Vijg, Rita A. Busuttil, Rumana Bahar, and Martijn E.T. Dollé.
5. The Use of Genetic SNPs as New Diagnostic Markers in Preventive Medicine: Charles R. Cantor.
6. Longevity Determinant Genes: What is the Evidence? What's the Importance? Panel Discussion: Richard Cutler, L P Guarante, Thomas W. Kensler, Fred Naftolin, Dean P. Jones, Charles R. Cantor, and George M. Martin.
7. Decoding the Pyramid: A Systems-Biological Approach to Nutrigenomics: Jim Kaput.
8. Effects of Testosterone on Cognitive and Brain Aging in Elderly Men: Scott D. Moffat.
9. Oxidative Stress Profiling: Part I. Its Potential Importance in the Optimization of Human Health: Richard G. Cutler.
10. Oxidative Stress Profiling: Part II. Theory, Technology, and Practice: Richard G. Cutler, John Plummer, Kajal Chowdhury, and Christopher Heward.
11. Controversies in Dyslipidemias: Atheroprevention in Diabetes and Insulin Resistance: Eliot A. Brinton.
12. Dietary Fat and Health: The Evidence and the Politics of Prevention: Careful Use of Dietary Fats Can Improve Life and Prevent Disease: William E.M. Lands.
13. Physical Activity and Aging: Kerry J. Stewart.
14. Would Doubling the Human Lifespan Be a Net Positive or Negative for Us, Either as Individuals or as a Society? Point-Counterpoint: Gregory B. Stock and Daniel Callahan.
15. Regulatory Mechanisms Controlling Gene Expression Mediated by the Antioxidant Response Element: Thomas W. Kensler.
16. Targeting Redox Signaling Pathways for Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Ischemic Drug Discovery: Guy Miller.
17. Mitochondrial Thioredoxin: Critical Protection for the Redox Throttle of Life: Dean P. Jones.
18. Regulation of Aging by SIR2: Leonard P. Guarante.
19. Androgens in the Aging Man: William J. Bremner.
20. Potential Adverse Effects of Administering Testosterone to Elderly Men: Peter J. Snyder.
21. Testosterone in Women: Adrian S. Dobs.
22. Estrogen: Metabolism, Actions and Effects: James W. Simpkins.
23. Estrogen and the Heart: Choices for Prevention of Coronary Vascular Disease: David M. Herrington.
24. Estrogen, Cognition, and Dementia: Sanjay Asthana.
25. Use of Growth Hormone for Prevention of Effects of Aging: S Mitchell Harman.
26. Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: Harvey S. Hecht.
Index of Contributors