Annual Editions American History: Pre-Colonial through Reconstruction / Edition 15by Robert James Maddox, Dushkin
Pub. Date: 08/28/1998
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
This bi-annually updated reader is a compilation of current newspaper,magazine,and journal articles on American history.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. The New Land
1. Mighty Cahokia, William R. Iseminger, Archaeology, May/June 1996.
2. Columbus Meets Pocahontas in the American South, Theda Perdue, Southern Cultures, Volume 3, Number 1, 1997.
3. A "Newfounde Lande", Alan Williams, American History, September/October 1997.
4. Laboring in the Fields of the Lord, Jerald T. Milanich, Archaeology, January/February 1996.
5. Journey to Jamestown, Audrey J. Horning, Archaeology, March/April 1998.
6. Squanto and the Pilgrims, Lynn Ceci, Society, May/June 1990.
7. Bearing the Burden? Puritan Wives, Martha Saxton, History Today, October 1994.
8. America's First Experiment in Toleration, John Hartsock, History Today, January 1993.
UNIT 2. Revolutionary America
9. Making Sense of the Fourth of July, Pauline Maier, American Heritage, July/August 1997.
10. The Radical Revolution, Fredric Smoler, American Heritage, December 1992.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >