Annual Editions: World History,Volume 2 / Edition 6by David G. McComb
Pub. Date: 09/08/1999
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This informative anthology provides convenient,inexpensive access to a wide range of current,carefully selected articles from some of the most respected magazines,newspapers,and journals published today. Within the pages of this volume are interesting well-illustrated articles by historians,educators,researchers,and writers,providing an effective and useful perspective on world history from 1500 to the present.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. The World and the West, 1500-1900
1. That Fateful Moment When Two Civilizations Came Face to Face, Charles L. Mee Jr., Smithsonian, October 1992.
2. Sir Francis Drake Is Still Capable of Kicking Up a Fuss, Simon Winchester, Smithsonian, January 1997.
3. The Potato Connection, Alfred W. Crosby, Civilization, January/February 1995.
4. The Canton War, Robert W. Drexler, American History, April 1997.
5. The Macartney Embassy to China, 1792-94, Paul Gillingham, History Today, November 1993.
6. Coffee, Tea, or Opium?, Samuel M. Wilson, Natural History, November 1993.
7. After Centuries of Japanese Isolation, a Fateful Meeting of East and West, James Fallows, Smithsonian, July 1994.
8. Mutiny on the Amistad, Donald Dale Jackson, Smithsonian, December 1997.
UNIT 2. The Ferment of the West, 1500-1900
9. Jefferson's Secret Life, Barbra Murray and Brian Duffy, U.S. News & World Report, November 9, 1998.
10. The First Feminist, Shirley Tomkievicz, Horizon, Spring 1972.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >