Annual Editions: Education 00/01 / Edition 27by Fred Schultz
Pub. Date: 03/01/2000
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This annually updated reader is a compilation of carefully selected education-related articles from magazines,newspapers,and journals. See more details below
This annually updated reader is a compilation of carefully selected education-related articles from magazines,newspapers,and journals.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. How Others See Us and How We See Ourselves
1. Shall We Dance?, Heather-Jane Robertson, Phi Delta Kappan, June 1999.
2. What's Behind the Growth in Homeschooling?, Isabel Lyman, USA Today Magazine (Society for the Advancement of Education), September 1998.
3. Education's Brave New World, Bob Chase, Vital Speeches of the Day, February 18, 1999.
4. Schoolyard Tussle, Dana Milbank, The New Republic, December 14, 1998.
5. The New Education Bazaar, Thomas Toch, U.S. News & World Report, April 27, 1998.
6. The 31st Annual Phi Delta Kappa/Gallup Poll of the Public's Attitudes toward the Public Schools, Lowell C. Rose and Alec M. Gallup, Phi Delta Kappan, September 1999.
UNIT 2. Rethinking and Changing the Educative Effort
7. Renewing Democracy in Schools, Nel Noddings, Phi Delta Kappan, April 1999.
8. When Words Find Their Meaning: Renewal Versus Reform, Roger Soder, Phi Delta Kappan, April 1999.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >