Annual Editions: Multicultural Education 01/02 / Edition 8by Fred Schultz, Fred (Ed.) Schultz
Pub. Date: 12/18/2000
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This volume of public press readings is intended to address the need for an annually published anthology that offers samples from the most recent journal literature. The articles include topics on teacher education in multicultural perspective; the social contexts of multicultural education and curriculum and instruction in multicultural perspective.
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 9.06(h) x (d)
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. The Social Concepts of Multicultural Education
1. Street Smart: Sidewalk Libraries Open a World of Learning for Urban Youth, Tim Walker, Teaching Tolerance, Spring 2000.
2. The New Immigrants and Education: Challenges and Issues, Linda M. Perkins, Educational Horizons, Winter 2000.
3. Improving Ethnic and Racial Relations in the Schools, Harriett D. Romo, Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC), Spring 2000.
4. Paying Attention to Our Children: Educational Dilemmas for Americans, Patricia Albjerg Graham, Current, May 1998.
UNIT 2. Teacher Education in Multicultural Perspective
5. Confronting White Privilege and the Color Blind" Paradigm in a Teacher Education Program, Margaret H. Cooney and Omowale Akintunde, Multicultural Education, Winter 1999.
6. From Our Readers: Preparing Preservice Teacher Candidates for Leadership in Equity, Marta I. Cruz-Janzen, Equity & Excellence in Education, April 2000.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >